Monday, April 12, 2010

Ouchie...

I did not stretch well after the 5k on Saturday. Check that... I didn't stretch AT ALL. Bad idea.

I went to the gym today during lunch... and my shins hurt! What can I do to make the pain go away? I was only able to run for about a mile... and spent the rest of my time on the bike just to get some cardio in.
This will teach me to think that I can forgo stretching!

Any suggestions on what I can do to ease the pain?

I'm running a 10k on Saturday!

By the way... if you want to read my history, my other blog is here.

3 comments:

Josie said...

I feel like such an idiot! haha. I've been making my way around the blogs last night and this morning and I posted on your other one this morning hoping that I'd be able to find your new blog. I had no idea this was yours. Call me slow!

I have problems with shin pain too. I haven't quite figured out the best way to alleviate the pain once it's there, but icing helps. Stretching is so vital and I'll be you won't forgo it anymore. I learned the hard way too. I also like to get a mile's walk in before I start any running at all...that seems to help as well.

Janna said...

Glad you got a new one started...

Tell me what you find out about shins...because mine are KILLING me!

Coming to Austin anytime soon?

Amy said...

shins... ice and arch supports...
I put some insert supports in my shoes and it helped tremendously yesterday! :-D
I need to buy new running shoes, but that'll be a few weeks.