Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Arch Supports and Stuff

First... I wanted to share this cool article. It's about how Moms find time for running. I certainly have my fair share of these issues. I am lucky that the grandparents are super supportive (of pretty much everything I do) and will just pretty much be there for me no matter what.

Example: take the 3 year old on the 1 mile fun run/walk while I run a 10k this Saturday. Get her ready for school one morning if I need to go run. Put her to bed if I am at the gym late (that pretty much never happens)... or even put her to bed if I'm out socializing or something. I am a VERY lucky single parent.

Oh... and on the shin aches and pains... I asked around and somebody suggested new running shoes or arch supports. So I immediately went and bought arch supports (will get new running shoes in a couple of weeks). $7 Dr. Scholl's inserts were WAY worth the money. Yesterday's run yielded NO shin pain. YAY!!!!
I've also been stretching frequently since then.

Yes, I think I've learned a lesson on the necessity of stretching! :-)

1 comment:

Josie said...

That is a great article that a lot of us can relate to - I know I can. I was a single mom for about 4 years when my children were smaller. It's SO difficult, I'm glad your daughter has such supportive grandparents.

YAY for arch supports!