Sunday, April 11, 2010

5k and Fun Run



I was going to say that Jules completed her first 5k... but really... she sat in the stroller while her aunt pushed her around for the 1 mile fun run. Mereny and Grammy did that with her and then enjoyed the kids activities with her while I ran the 5k. It was a fun, active morning.

When they crossed the finish line, they gave Jules a ribbon for completing the race. She may not have actually gotten out and walked, but I figure exposing her to healthy, active stuff like this can't hurt.



I can tell that I haven't run enough lately. I'm a little sore. I DID finish in less than 37 minutes which was a pace somwhere around less than 12 minute miles. Not bad. I've got a 10k on Saturday (in which my sister, my mom and Jules are walking in the fun run again).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I certainly think it is good to expose our children to healthy living habits, even before they are able to participate in it. Good for you!