Thursday, April 22, 2010

Competition

Sometimes known as keeping up with the Jones (es).
I'm not typically a person who lets "stuff" dictate how I feel about myself.

I grew up in a family that struggled with money continuously. That being the case, I decided early on that I didn't have to have brand name things to feel good about myself. Don't get me wrong! I love "stuff"! I just probably don't go after the newest craze as quickly or as frequently as those around me.

Took me years to get (and use) and mp3 player.
I just bought my first laptop (never had a pc) in September.

I'm going to be brutally honest about myself now. This kind of hurts. My ex-es new girlfriend (who lives with him now) bought a really cool camera a couple of months ago. I have ALWAYS wanted one of those... and never made it a priority to go for it. They've sent me a coupld of cd's with great pictures of my daughter on them. I told them that I don't want their pictures. (In my mind, it's their memories... I have my own memories with her. I don't want any part of THEIR life.)

That being said, I am DYING to run out and get a cool camera. I am kind of ashamed of myself... but at the same time, I've really wanted one for a long time (like when I was still married and before that). Luckily, I'm taking my time about it. I'm doing research and will wait until I have EXTRA cash before plunking a couple hundred dollars down on this stuff. I doubt I'll ever be a person that will sit down and edit pictures... I just want to be able to take some good quality snaps.

Am I nuts? Am I fooling myself and really am just trying to "keep up"? Suggestions on good cameras? LOL!

1 comment:

Janna said...

You are not crazy! My SIL got one and I am GREEN with envy...I am the picture taker! Not her!

You will get that camera in NO time! I can't wait to see it when you do!