Thursday, April 15, 2010

Forward or Backward???


Seattlerunnergirl had a great blog today. Check it out here. She talks about how we're always moving forward and/or backward. One step forward, two steps back... (I think I've heard that somewhere before!)

I'm currently in a backward slide and having a really difficult time turning the momentum the other direction. I've improved this week over last week, but I still have a long way to go.

I've been bringing veggies and fruit to work... eating good lunches (with the exception of the potluck on Tuesday)... and I've worked out or run 3 days since Monday (including today). My problem is the evenings. I'm always go go go... and tend to make the easy, comfortable choice over the "good" choice. I've got to wrap my head around all this again.

3 comments:

Janna said...

You will get there...I have no doubt! Take it one choice at a time!

Josie said...

take a moment and just breathe. Sometimes life has a way of getting in the way...you'll get through this. Dinners were always the hardest for me (especially when I was a single mom). Who wants to work all day and then come home and cook a healthy meal? I didn't. (and still don't). I'm thinking about you.

Anonymous said...

Oh girl, I can completely relate. Unfortunately I'm in the same place right now, so I don't have any words of wisdom. You just have to keep going though. Slow and steady wins the race, right?