Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Horrible of me?

I had a conversation with my ex-husband before the kiddo's swim lessons last night. He told me that after Mother's Day, he probably won't continue going to our church... and will start visiting other churches.

Brief Glimpse into my Thoughts:
- Kiddo will only get to go to church with me every other week. (Disappointing)

- I will never have to see his girlfriend again and rarely him. (Elation)

- Will he let me take the kiddo to my church while he is "searching"? (decide to ask)

- Is he ACTUALLY going to find a church? I doubt it. (pondering the future)


History... we've gone to this church since before the kiddo was born. When we separated, our pastor warned us how difficult it would be for us to continue attending the same church. It really wasn't a big deal, until he (the ex) moved his girlfriend here from North Carolina and into his house... and dragged her (who has never really gone to church) to church with him. Now it is a big deal... for me... and apparently for her.

Knowing him, I see sleeping in and skipping church in their future. While I should care, I don't (or maybe it's healthy)... and I honestly hope that is the case... because as long as they continue "visiting" churches, he's willing to let the kiddo continue to come to church with me. He knows it's a great church... and readily admits that the reason they're looking is because his girlfriend isn't comfortable.

In other thoughts:
I hate (no... no!) strongly dislike anonymity. I want some people (see above) to stay oblivious to this blog and I'm a little paranoid that that won't happen. Not much I can do though! Any suggestions?

2 comments:

Janna said...

Hmmm...interesting stuff! But I am glad that YOU don't have to think about going somewhere else!

On the last question...don't worry about them. Do what you need to do for you. You moved your blog...now if they find it, that is their problem!

Have an AWESOME day!

Anonymous said...

Maybe you will get lucky and he will let the kiddo continue going to church with you even after he switches, supposing he does.