Friday, April 9, 2010

Getting Moving

I know how to do this healthy living thing. It just seems to elude me at times. Those times happen more and more frequently lately.

Last year, from January to May, I lost about 40 pounds. I've put about 20 of that back on.

This year, I accomplished a major goal of running a half marathon. I haven't run much in the four weeks since then.

Last year, at the end of April, I moved out of my house as I separated from my husband of five years. In the tumultuous time since, one of his young brothers passed away. In dealing with the grief of divorce and the grief of losing someone that I loved (I had known his brother for fifteen years and he lived with us in the last two years of our marriage.) , there have been major ups and downs.

My ex-husband thinks that we can be friends. I'm willing to show kindness to him on behalf and in relation to our daughter, but we can never be friends. There are too many broken promises between us. In attempting to draw healthy boundaries between us, I had to abandon my previous blog... and I've started this one.

The spirit of this blog is that I want to LIVE LIFE TO THE FULLEST. Life is not going to pass me by. I'm going to do my best to bring my daughter up knowing that she is loved, that she can do anything that she puts her mind to doing. I plan to be a positive example to her.




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is definitely a good first step to getting a fresh start. :)
I am definitely interested in finding a diet buddy, I think the more people you have to hold yourself accountable to, the more successful you will be. The Biggest Loser Challenge last year was so motivating.

Josie said...

Awesome. Thanks for sharing your life with us. What an adorable daughter you have ... really, that picture is just TOO cute. I love your new mantra and look forward to going this journey with you.